2018 HONDA TRX250X
Retail Price: $4799.00
Sale Price: $4499.00* Plus Applicable destination charge
Important Safety Information: Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
How much fun are you ready to have?
Love watching sports? As enjoyable as it is to kick back with a good game or match, there’s something that’s even better—getting outdoors and having some real fun. And when you’re talking about all-terrain vehicles, an all-time favorite for all-around fun has to be the Honda TRX250X.
There’s a good reason this is one of our most popular sport ATVs. A whole bunch of reasons, actually. Beginners like the light handling, and especially appreciate the TRX250X’s broad, four-stroke powerband—a trait that’s made Honda engines famous for decades. Lots of riders enjoy the exclusive Honda SportClutch™. It’s a unique feature that gives you all the control of a manual shift and clutch, but that also eliminates the chance of shift-induced stalling. Riders with more experience like the long-travel suspension and athletic performance on the trail. And just about everyone appreciates the low-maintenance features like the shaft final drive and famous Honda reliability.
Light enough for smaller adults, big enough for full-sized riders, and with a powerband you won’t outgrow in a couple of months, the TRX250X is the ATV you can purchase once and ride just about forever. And that’s exactly what you’d expect when you choose a Honda.
How much fun are you ready to have? The sky’s the limit with a TRX250X.
Efficient Engine Layout: Honda pioneered the concept of mounting our ATV engines front-to-back in the chassis. That results in a smoother, more efficient powertrain, and more power getting to the rear wheels.
No-Stall Shifting: Honda’s exclusive SportClutch is only available on the TRX250X, and it’s a great feature. New riders get to learn clutch control without worrying about stalling, while experienced riders get all the control and freedom to shift the way they normally would.
Fresh styling: The 2018 TRX250X gives you your choice of distinct color styles: The new yellow version is unique in our sport ATV lineup. And there’s a slick red color too.
- Electric Starter: The effortless electric starter makes getting the engine started easy, even when the engine is cold.
- Exclusive Honda SportClutch™: The handlebar-mounted Honda SportClutch enables the rider to experience manual clutch actuation with the advantage of no stalling when coming to a stop. This revolutionary feature allows beginning or novice riders to learn clutch engagement points, while experienced riders enjoy the full performance of a conventional manual clutch.
- Reverse: The TRX250X’s easy to use reverse makes unloading or maneuvering out of tight trail conditions easier.
- Rugged, reliable 229cc OHV engine: The TRX250X’s lightweight OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally mounted, allowing direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for more efficient power transfer. The two-valve cylinder head design features performance-optimized valve timing, a 31.5mm-diameter intake valve and a 27mm-diameter exhaust valve contribute to the engine’s broad, usable powerband.
- Shaft Final Drive: Honda’s fully sealed rear driveshaft is super-strong and virtually maintenance free. The driveshaft sits in-line with the engine’s crankshaft for maximum driveline efficiency.
- Rubber-Mounted Engine: A rubber-mounted engine reduces vibration. This helps make parts last longer, and cuts down on rider fatigue as well.
- Independent Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone front suspension provides an exceptional 5.9 inches of travel and a smooth ride over rough terrain.
- Lightweight Aluminum Wheels: Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for superior handling.
- Keyed ignition: Keyed ignition switch for added security. The switch also lets you control who goes riding and when.
- Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 68.5 mm x 62.2 mm
- Induction: 20 mm piston-valve carburetor
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric
- Clutch: Honda SportClutch
- Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
- Driveline: Direct rear drive shaft
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 5.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 5.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes: Dual hydraulic 174 mm discs
- Rear Brake: Sealed mechanical drum
- Front Tires: 22 x 7-10 knobby
- Rear Tires: 22 x 10-9 knobby
- Length: 68.5 in.
- Width: 41.8 in.
- Height: 42.6 in.
- Wheelbase: 44.3 in.
- Seat Height: 31.4 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 384 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.5 gal., including 0.7-gal. reserve
- Turning Radius: 9.2 ft.
- Model ID: TRX250X
- Available Colors: Active Yellow, Red
Factory Warranty Information
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
|Price - Warranty (Months)||12|
|Price - Warranty (Condition)||Limited|
|Engine - Engine Type||Single-Cylinder|
|Engine - Cylinders||1|
|Engine - Engine Stroke||4-Stroke|
|Engine - Cooling||Air|
|Engine - Valves||2|
|Engine - Valves Per Cylinder||2|
|Engine - Valve Configuration||OHV|
|Engine - Bore (mm)||68.5|
|Engine - Bore (in)||2.7|
|Engine - Stroke (mm)||62.2|
|Engine - Stroke (in)||2.45|
|Engine - Displacement (cc)||229|
|Engine - Displacement (ci)||14|
|Engine - Starter||Electric|
|Engine - Fuel Requirements||Regular|
|Engine - Fuel Type||Gas|
|Carburetion - Fuel Injector||No|
|Carburetion - Carburetor||Yes|
|Carburetion - Number Of Carburetors||1|
|Carburetion - Carburetor Size (mm)||20|
|Carburetion - Carburetion Type||Carburetor|
|Parental Controls - Speed Governor||Yes|
|Snorkel Air Intake||Standard|
|Transmission - Transmission Type||Manual / Automatic Clutch|
|Transmission - Number Of Speeds||5|
|Transmission - Primary Drive (Rear Wheel)||Shaft|
|Transmission - Reverse||Yes|
|Dimensions - Length (in)||68.5|
|Dimensions - Length (mm)||1739.9|
|Dimensions - Width (in)||41.8|
|Dimensions - Width (mm)||1061.7|
|Dimensions - Height (in)||42.6|
|Dimensions - Height (mm)||1082|
|Dimensions - Wheelbase (in)||44.3|
|Dimensions - Wheelbase (mm)||1125.2|
|Dimensions - Turning Radius (ft)||9.2|
|Dimensions - Ground Clearance (in)||5.7|
|Dimensions - Ground Clearance (mm)||144.8|
|Dimensions - Length (ft)||5.71|
|Dimensions - Length (ft/ft)||5|
|Dimensions - Length (ft/in)||8.5|
|Weight - Wet Weight (lbs)||384|
|Weight - Wet Weight (kg)||174.2|
|Capacities - Fuel Capacity (gal)||2.5|
|Capacities - Fuel Capacity (l)||9.5|
|Capacities - Fuel Capacity Reserve (gal)||0.7|
|Capacities - Fuel Capacity Reserve (l)||2.6|
|Construction - Frame||Steel|
|Construction - Body Material||Plastic|
|Foot Pegs - Foot Peg Location||Driver|
|Foot Pegs - Adjustable||No|
|Exterior Guards - Hand Guards||No|
|Exterior Guards - Brush Guard||No|
|Exterior Guards - Light Guard||No|
|Skid Plate - Bash Plate (Front)||Yes|
|Skid Plate - Bash Plate (Rear)||No|
|Skid Plate - Swing Arm Skid Plate||No|
|Front Suspension - Front Suspension Type||Independent Double Wishbone|
|Front Suspension - Front Travel (in)||5.9|
|Front Suspension - Front Travel (mm)||149.9|
|Front Suspension - Front Adjustable Fork Pre-Load||No|
|Front Suspension - Front Adjustable Rebound Damping||No|
|Front Suspension - Front Central Suspension Strut||No|
|Front Suspension - Steering Damper||No|
|Front Suspension - Front Stabilizer Bar||No|
|Rear Suspension - Rear Suspension Type||Swing Arm|
|Rear Suspension - Rear Travel (in)||5.7|
|Rear Suspension - Rear Travel (mm)||144.8|
|Rear Suspension - Rear Adjustable Shock / Spring Pre-Load||No|
|Rear Suspension - Rear Adjustable Rebound Damping||No|
|Rear Suspension - Number Rear Shock Absorbers||1|
|Rear Suspension - Rear Suspension Material||Steel|
|Rear Suspension - Rear Stabilizer Bar||No|
|Rear Suspension - Air Adjustable||No|
WHEELS & TIRES
|Wheels - Wheels Composition||Aluminum|
|Wheels - Front Tire Diameter (in)||22|
|Wheels - Rear Tire Diameter (in)||22|
|Tires - Tire Brand||Maxxis®|
|Tires - Front Tire Width||7|
|Tires - Front Wheel Diameter||10|
|Tires - Rear Tire Width||10|
|Tires - Rear Wheel Diameter||9|
|Tires - Front Tire (Full Spec)||Maxxis® Razr Vantage: 22 x 7-10|
|Tires - Rear Tire (Full Spec)||Maxxis® Razr Vantage: 22 x 10-9|
|Brakes - Front Brake Type||Dual Hydraulic Disc|
|Brakes - Front Brake Diameter (in)||6.9|
|Brakes - Front Brake Diameter (mm)||174|
|Brakes - Rear Brake Type||Sealed Drum|
|Seat - Seat Type||One-Piece|
|Seat - Adjustable||No|
|Seat - Seat Material||Vinyl|
|Seat - Seat Location||Driver|
|Seat - Folding||No|
|Seat Specifications - Seat Height (in)||31.4|
|Seat Specifications - Seat Height (mm)||797.6|
|Seat Specifications - Number Of Seats||1|
|Seat Backrest - Backrest Logo Plate||No|
|Seat Backrest - Lumbar Adjustment||No|
|Hard Side Cases - Number Of Side Cases||0|
|Saddle Bag(s) - Number Of Saddle Bags||0|
|Cupholder - Number Of Cupholders||0|
|Storage Cover - Camouflage Trim||No|
|Headlight(s) - Type||Halogen|
|Windshield - Height Adjustable||No|
|Windshield - Tinted||No|
|Heated Hand Grips - Adjustable||No|
|Hand Muffs - Heated||No|
PAINT & FINISH
|Paint - Primary Color||Red|
|Paint - Metallic||No|
AUDIO & COMMUNICATION
|Radio - Satellite||No|
|Speakers - Number Of Speakers||0|
|CD Player - Number Of Discs||0|
|Driveline - Driveline Type||4X2|
|Driveline - Number Of Driveline Modes||1|
|Driveline - Rear Unlocking Differential||No|
|Driveline - Rear Solid Axle||Yes|
|Steering - Steering Type||Manual|
|Steering - Steering Control||Handlebar|
TOWING & HAULING
|Trailer - Tilt||No|
|Trailer - Removable Tailgate||No|
|Trailer - Removable Sides||No|
|Plow - Adjustable||No|
Certain features may require an additional add-on package that may not be included in the retail or sale price. Please contact the dealership for full details.